The School stands in its own grounds on Deangate with 8 acres of sports fields just a short walk away. Its central position means that it enjoys all the benefits of historic York's city centre whilst enjoying the relative tranquillity of the Minster precinct.
The School campus is situated on the south side of York Minster.
The Prep department occupies the 'Old School' buildings, dating from 1832, and a row of inter-connected Georgian town houses, next to the Roman column, on Deangate and Minster Yard, on the south side of York Minster.
The Pre-Prep department and nursery are housed in the Georgian Old Residence, No. 6 Minster Yard, known locally as 'The Red House', and in No 7 next door, known as 'The White House' which has recently been re-developed to provide purpose-built Nursery accommodation, new junior music rooms and other facilities to augment Pre-Prep. It was opened in September 2017 by Dr. John Sentamu, Archbishop of York.